How to reach your life goals in 8 easy steps
One of the first actions to reach the goals in your life is to know what you want and where you are right now. Your life consists of many different areas and roles, and you are probably more fulfilled in some of your life roles then others.
- List all the different roles and areas in your life
Some examples could be: Social life, attitude, career, friends, employee, father, mother, son, sister, brother, athlete, neighbor, community member, volunteer, citizen, health, self realization, personal development, education, finance, spirituality, hobbies etc.
- Rate all the roles and areas on a scale from one to ten (one is the worst and ten is the best)
- Rate how important the areas and roles are for you
The rating gives you knowledge about which areas and roles you have to focus on to live a more fulfilled life. Use your ratings to choose the top (up to 10) areas or roles you want to work with.
- For every of the ten roles or areas take a five minutes brainstorm on where you would like to be if there where no constraints.
- Make a list of your top goals for each area or role
To make your goals more specific ad a deadline to each goal. Choose between 1 year, 3 years, 5 years and 10 years. Most people overestimate what they can achieve in one year and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade.
- For each goal write down the steps needed to achieve the goals in the goals in the preferred time frame
Now you have the plan for which goals you want to reach, and you have a plan for what you should do to reach them. Now it is time to take the the many small steps needed to reach your goals. To keep focus you need to take one last action.
- Review your list of goals and actions every day (put reminders in your calendar/phone so you don’t forget it)
- Take at least one small action toward your top three goals EVERY day
Remember most often the journey to your goals is the most rewarding.
Share your goals
Please share your life areas, goals and your progress below, so you can be an inspiration for other people.